I didn't like "Peru" when I first recorded it - Fireboy DML reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer and songwriter Adedamola Adefolahan popularly known as Fireboy DML reveals that he never liked his hit song "Peru" when he first recorded it.

Screenshot_20231212-153640_1.jpg

While speaking to Cool FM, Fireboy DML revealed that he had a creative block in 2021 after he released his second studio album "Apollo". Fireboy said he was skeptical about dropping his third studio album "Playboy" in 2022 because he wasn't satisfied with what he had done.

It got to a point where he had to ask his label boss Olamide if something was wrong with him but he assured him that he would get over it. Fireboy revealed that he never liked his song Peru at first because it didn't sound great.

He stated, "I didn't like Peru. Not that I didn't like it but I didn't think it was good enough. It was so easy. I was like, "I made the song in 40 minutes and you guys think it's going to be a global smash?"

Fireboy released "Peru" in July 2021. The song was tagged as one of the songs of the summer of 2021 that year. The song charted in over 10 countries around the world and was well received among fans both home and abroad and Fireboy went on to release the remix featuring Ed Sheeran in December 2021. "Peru" bagged an award at the Headies Awards 2022 for Afrobeats Single of the Year.

Take a quick listen at the work of art via the link below: