I don't believe in 'one-man one-wife' - Kanayo O Kanayo says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Kanayo-O.-Kanayo-2-1.jpg

Veteran Nollywood actor Kanayo O. Kanayo gives reasons why he doesn't endorse a monogamous marriage.

In a recent interview on The Honest Bunch podcast, the veteran actor explained that the African tradition doesn't believe in monogamy. He said having one wife as a man is a Western culture that was adopted by Africans.

Kanayo O. Kanayo also mentioned that a typical Igbo man prefers to die in the marriage rather than opt for divorce. He said he didn't know about divorce until he relocated from his hometown to Lagos.

He stated, "I don’t believe in one wife. It is not our culture, it is not our tradition, it is not who we are. These are imported things. I never knew anything about divorce until I came to Lagos. The Igbo man prefers to die in the marriage rather than divorce"

https://x.com/OneJoblessBoy/status/1804832047883559087?s=19