I have nothing against natural hair, Koko by Khloe makes U-turn after getting dragged

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
BBNaija alumnus Oluwabusayo Khloe Abiri popularly known as Koko by Khloe has apologized to Nigerians after telling women not to come to her event with their natural hair in a recent video.

Screenshot_20231210-143935_1.jpg

Recall that Koko by Khloe stated on the popular podcast, Bahd and Boujee, that women with natural hair aren't welcome to her event unless they are attending a church programme.

This triggered diverse reactions from women online airing their views on Khloe's appalling statement. Seems the backlash got to Khloe and she put out a statement in no time asking the general public to pardon her for her words.

In a lengthy Instagram post, Khloe stated that she has nothing against natural hair and she has never spoken negatively about it. She reiterated that she only shared her honest opinion on it without having any malicious intent.

She said, "I apologize to my natural hair girlies and the community. I didn't mean to slight or disrespect anyone in any way. I advocate for beauty at every standard. I understand that the show and blogs need to cater to their audience, but I refuse to be used as another punching bag for their malicious and vile strategy or objectives."

Khloe declared that she was misunderstood by the public while also stating that it was a deliberate attempt by the organizers of the podcast to use her brand as clickbait for the podcast. Khloe said the majority of what she said during the interview didn't make it to the final cut and it was heavily manipulated.

Khloe revealed that she appealed to the presenters of the show not to edit the clips or publish it at all after she noticed that they were trying to create a controversial story around her. She said she will ensure that all necessary steps are taken to dissociate herself from the show.