I left school for music after failed attempts, singer Crayon says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer and Mavins Record signee, Crayon, shared his experience in an interview on how he quit his dream of becoming a university graduate to pursue music.

20230615_085003.jpg

While speaking with Hip TV yesterday, he revealed how he failed after writing UTME five consecutive times. According to him, it was during his fifth time that he met a producer who was a huge part of his journey as an artiste.

He said, “At the fifth time, I met Baby Fresh already, he used to work at Mavin. I won’t be able to juggle school and music at the same time because in Nigeria, it’s quite stressful. Music alone is crazy.

So, I sat my parents down. I was like, ‘Mum and Dad, I want to make music.’ I said I feel like that’s what my heart is going for. My dad said just try this fifth one, if it doesn’t work out, you can go ahead and do music.”