I recorded 5 songs the day I met Don Jazzy, Ayra Starr reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
images

Fast-rising singer Oyinkansola Aderibigbe known professionally as Ayra Starr recalls meeting her label boss Collins Ajereh aka Don Jazzy for the first time.

Ayra Starr described meeting Don Jazzy as a huge blessing. She said Don Jazzy found her after posting a song she made with her brother on Instagram. Three hours later, she got a message from Don Jazzy asking her to come to the studio. Ayra Starr recalled losing her voice that day, feeling scared that Don Jazzy wouldn't sign her.

As God would have it, she ended up recording 5 songs that day, and 3 of them were on her first EP. She said, "The way God works, you can feel like you're not prepared but God has his own plan. I used to do song covers. I remember the first time I posted my original song I wrote with my brother on Instagram.

The CEO of my label saw the video and asked me to pull up to the studio. I was so nervous. I lost my voice that day. I've been screaming in the house and I couldn't even sing. I could sing but it was painful to sing. I was like, 'if I don't sing well, this man wouldn't sign me.' But I ended up recording 5 songs that day and 3 ended up on my first EP"