I warned Tinubu not to contest for presidency, Professor Wole Soyinka

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I warned Tinubu not to contest for presidency, Professor Wole Soyinka​

1703593884520.png
Reporters of the Channels TV interviewed Professor Wole Soyinka over the purpose of his visit to the Presidential Villa. Wole Soyinka who is a well-respected professor in Nigeria said he warned President Tinubu against contesting for presidency. He revealed that this happened five years ago when he advised both Tinubu and Atiku to leave the presidential seat to the hands of a younger person but he thought they would heed his advice.

Unfortunately, both Tinubu and Atiku didn't and they contested for presidency which Tinubu later emerged as the winner. He told the reporters that he deliberately visited President Tinubu to discuss vital things with him and see how he and his wife are coping with being the face of Nigeria. He said that he has tagged Tinubu as an "Olorikunkun" i.e. a stubborn person who never listens to people's advice.

However, it seems Wole Soyinka had forgotten that Nigerians vividly remember the support he showed toward Tinubu during the Presidential election. Everything he mentioned during that interview didn't sit well with Nigerians as they claimed that he was one of those who blinded people into voting for Tinubu for Presidency.

==

Last edited: