I was paid N10k for my first movie, Actress Rita Dominic reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Rita-Dominic-by-Bamidele-Oluwapelumi-2-e1678126303336.jpg

Veteran Nollywood actress Rita Dominic has revealed that she was paid a meager sum of N10,000 for her first movie role.

48-year-old actress Rita Dominic began acting in 1998 when she starred in a movie called "A Time to Kill". Since then, Rita has starred in over 100 movie projects, earning her a spot among the bigwigs of the Nollywood industry.

In a recent interview with Joy FM, Rita Dominic said she ventured into acting because of her passion and love for the arts. Dominic recalled being paid N10,000 for starring in a movie during her early years as an actress.

She said, "The first film I did, he paid me N35,000. He owed me N25,000 and hosted the premiere of the meeting and used that as payment. He paid me only N10k out of the N25k. The second movie I did, they didn't pay me. The marketer died. May God rest his soul"

Rita Dominic said despite being paid little at the beginning of her career, she and her colleagues including Omotola Jalade, Ramsey Noah, and Genevieve Nnaji didn't quit because they enjoyed it.