I will not celebrate my birthday in Nigeria until things get better - Peter Obi

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Labour party presidential candidate, Peter Obi revealed in a new statement on Twitter yesterday that he made a vow to himself for over 20 years that he will not be celebrating his birthday in today's Nigeria with the current deplorable state of the nation.

20230621_114944.jpg

He made this statement ahead of his 62nd birthday on the 19th of July, telling his loyal followers, Obidients to extend their kind gestures to those in need instead of presenting him with gifts.

It read:

Screenshot_20230717-231412_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230717-231412_2.jpg

He urged them to visit hospitals, orphanages, IDP camps to render assistance to people because they are the ones who need utmost support from the people. They also should visit schools and support them with the basic amenities they need.

Screenshot_20230717-231426_1.jpg

He commented on the recent killings and kidnapping happening around the country especially the one in Mangu LGA in Plateau and Ukum LGA in Benue State saying, "I want to celebrate in a New Nigeria where the lives and properties of citizens will be secure. I want to celebrate in a productive Nigeria that can create opportunities for our youth."

Screenshot_20230717-231707_1.jpg

He ended by saying his desire is to celebrate in a Nigeria that works for all and which Nigerians can be proud of.