I won't divorce my husband even if he sexually abuses our child, woman says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I won't divorce my husband even if he sexually abuses our child, woman says​

In a podcast comprising two elderly Nigerian women and the hosts, one of the women uttered a shocking statement that shocked listeners to the bone. The woman said that if her husband sexually abused their female child, she would report him to the right authorities. However, that doesn't mean that she would divorce her husband because that's not a cogent reason that calls for a divorce. She also stated that there's no marriage without quarrels. As long as a man and woman are married, they would love each other and still fight occasionally. Even if her husband beats her up during a heated argument, she is going to keep loving him.

See reactions below:
@effedeborah: Old age doesn't mean you have wisdom. See person mama, tufiakwa
@alabofa_ot: If my husband sexually abuses my child, the funeral arrangement will be without anyone's knowledge
@deebaebi: If you can't divorce him, I bet on my life you won't report him. Toxic relationship
@restoring_womens_confidence: Damaged women. Not divorcing him means you're willing to keep exposing your child to more or his sexual abuses. And how are we even sure you will report him?
@jones_mil: I will confess. Na me swear for the woman
@parker_ojugo: Omo if na your mama be this sorrow sorrow prayers for you
==