I won't leave my mummy's house, Young man tells his advisers telling him to get an apartment

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I won't leave my mummy's house, Young man tells his advisers telling him to get an apartment​

A young Nigerian man told his advisers to leave him be for he is not ready to become independent. He said told those advising him to go rent an apartment to leave him alone because he is not ready to shoulder all the responsibilities of paying house rent while having to fend for himself. He stated that the country is already difficult and he would rather remain in his mother's house, eating free food, and living rent-free, than worry about how to survive.

Young men and women residing in their parents' houses are refusing to step out to become independent. The prices of home appliances and rent have restrained many up-and-coming youths from seeking independence from their parents, and would rather stay home while saving up for their future.

Would you rather stay with your parents or rent an apartment to yourself?