I'll give up my office for peace in Rivers State - Gov Fubara

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Siminalayi-Fubara-2-e1698752022771.png

Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara has stated that he would give up his political office for peace to reign in Rivers State.

While speaking with AIT, Fubara said no sacrifice is too huge for him to pay for the betterment of the state. He said his love for Rivers State is not borne out of personal gains.

Despite the incessant attacks and attempts to impeach him or jeopardize his administration, Gov. Fubara said he will continue to tread the path of peace and have the interest of the people at heart.

Gov. Fubara however, said he wouldn't watch anyone sabotage his government or destroy what he has labored for all these years. He added that if leaving the position is what will bring peace to the state, he is ready to do it.
He said,
"No sacrifice will be too big for me to pay for the success of this administration. And the reason is very simple, it’s not political love, It’s not because I want to gain any favor from anybody, my interest and love for our dear state is genuine. I’m not trying to say I want to be one man who will be there to decide the fate of all but let Rivers State remain.

If leaving this position is what I need or what is needed to bring more peace to the state, I can even tell you people to come and take it. It’s not about me. People should understand that I will go but Rivers State will remain. I am the governor, no matter what it is, there are things I could have done and there would have been a total crisis. But your ability to restrain in the face of crisis even when you have the power to do things is maturity."