I've never owned a camera all my life - TG Omori

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Popular music video director TG Omori, also known as Boy Director revealed that he has never owned a camera since he became a videographer.
420202330318_8207cba96c2f4be0a9c318b0535150c1.jpeg

Omori started by saying he was once a student of Wale Adenuga's film academy PEFTI film institute. He said the academy made him gain access to other creatives who shared ideas and perspectives with him.

He said after school, he would sit with other students and analyze different music videos and that was how he knew about music video directing.

He said his dream was to become an actor and that was the reason why he went to PEFTI film school. "I went to PEFTI to become an actor because I was a very good actor in church. I was good at performing arts and I was also very good at directing stage. I never knew there was a career in video directing.

I mean everyone knew Clarence Peters but it felt like an impossible dream. How do you even be like Clarence? You have to have a studio, you have to have cameras.", he said.

4ED72EF1-53C5-44B6-990B-ACB0497D70E1.jpeg

He mentioned that he wanted to study film production but his father couldn't afford to buy him a laptop. So he chose performing arts because it didn't require spending money or buying equipment. He only needed to be present on stage.

He said,"I was in an evening chat with my friends when I discovered that there was a career called music video director and you don't need to have anything. You can actually rent cameras. You can convince somebody to shoot, get the money and use it to rent cameras."

He expressed that that was the beginning of his career and he has never owned a single camera ever since he started. All his equipment are rented.

"I've never owned a camera on my own till now. All I have is a desktop in my office that I edit music videos with. I have rental houses that supply me all cameras and lights.", He added.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy