I've not used my certificate to secure a good job since I finished school, man says as he sets certificate ablaze

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I've not used my certificate to secure a job since I finished school, man says as he sets certificate ablaze​

A Nigerian man stunned internet users after he set ablaze his school certificates over his inability to secure a good job after spending years acquiring them. He mentioned how he hasn't for once secured a well-paying job since he graduated from school 13 years ago. He said all the jobs he has worked were ones he did with illiterates which didn't require him presenting a certificate. Out of annoyance, he burnt the certificates which included his NYSC certificate, Ajay Crowther University Certificate, Jamb result, Secondary School Leaving Certificate, and some others. Does the inability to secure a good job justify burning one's certificate?
==

He also said that the certificates are useless when presented abroad so he has no tangible reason to keep holding onto them. Many have chosen not to believe that he burned the original copy of his certificates since everyone is all about clout chasing nowadays. They suspect that he has the original copy of his certificates laminated and neatly kept somewhere in his house, but has chosen to mislead other frustrated Nigerians who are in his shoes.