Jim Iyke denies rumors that he is converted to Islam

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (34).jpeg

Popular nollywood Actor, Jim Iyke, has debunked reports in a recent post that he has converted to Islam.

While acknowledging respect for all religions in a recent video, the actor stated that he has no plans to convert because he is completely committed to his faith.

Iyke explained that it was important for him to speak up and clarify the situation because the unscrupulous blogger spreading the rumor had crossed certain lines.

I felt it was necessary to address certain rumours that have been circulating recently, the actor said in a statement. Normally, I don't pay attention to these meaningless rumors because they aren't my cup of tea, but there are some boundaries that should not be crossed.

Watch Jim Iyke addressing the matter:

In Ghana, I made a film called "Zanku Boys," which will be released on July 29. It's a film about religious extremists. He explained.

Someone stole the photos from that film, and they ended up in the hands of an unscrupulous blogger, who claimed he had converted to Islam.

"Now, while I want to state unequivocally that I respect all religions and that I believe in one God, I have no intention to convert my faith now or ever," Jim Iyke added. I am completely dedicated to my faith.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to spread this rumor. However, there are some boundaries that should not be crossed. Get your act together, whoever is spreading these rumors. Get it together, we're too busy for this. Get your act together, okay? These are very serious issues.

So I've dealt with it and put it to rest.It's never happened, will never happen, and I have no plans to make it happen. So that's me emphatically stating my position on the subject. "Let Me Quietly Address The Elephant in the Room And Get Back To What I Do Best," the video caption reads. Thank you so much.

A social media handler on Twitter with the handle @AM Saleem claimed that he had converted to Islam.

images (35).jpeg

"I heard that the popular Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, has reverted to Islam," he wrote alongside a photo of the actor with a Muslim cleric. Alhamdulilah! "Welcome to the religion of peace, Islam."

In another post, he shared a photo of Iyke wearing jalabiya and holding a tesbih with the message, We welcome you wholeheartedly.