Kidnappers abducts Ebonyi state house photographer, demands huge ransom

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
62a1ad243d8ee.jpeg

Mr. Uchenna Nwube, a cameraman for the Ebonyi Government House, was kidnapped by unknown gunmen on Wednesday. He was taken on the Okigwe-Aba-Enugu Expressway by alleged kidnappers.

The kidnappers gave Nwube access to his phone, and he told reporters that he was kidnapped on Wednesday around 7 p.m. and that his kidnappers were demanding N50 million.

"I was kidnapped on June 8, while driving back to Abakaliki from Aba with a few passengers in my car."

Right now, they (kidnappers) are wanting N50 million in ransom, and I have no idea how or when I would be able to obtain such funds. "Please, I need assistance," he said over the phone to other journalists who he could access.

When NAN called the Ebonyi State Police Command's spokesman, SP Chris Anyanwu, he encouraged the victim to remain cool in the face of his kidnappers.

He also stated that the incident occurred outside of the command's jurisdiction, between Imo and Abia.

More details coming soon....