Lady advises married women to stop financing the home the moment their husbands decide to marry a second wife

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Lady advises married women to stop financing the home the moment their husbands decide to marry a second wife​

A Nigerian woman identified as Balikis has advised her fellow women who financially support their husbands to stop doing so once the man decides to get married to a second wife. She said that a man who thinks he can marry a second wife should boldly shoulder the responsibility. She advised that any woman who is currently in that situation should keep her money to herself, take care of herself, and use her money for self-improvement.

She added, "I don't know if I'm in the right place to say this. But if you're a married woman, and you are supporting your husband at home financially, then he decides to get married to a second wife, please stop financing the home. I know this video will not sit well with some Muslim men. I will still say what I want to say. If your inconsiderate polygamist husband is bold enough to take in another woman, when he clearly knows that his finances alone, cannot keep the home running. And you've been the one lifting the whole weight off his neck, drop the whole responsibility on him."

She added that after all, women are meant to be pampered by their partners. Therefore, women should rightfully keep their money to themselves whenever their husband decides to embrace polygamy.
==