Lionel Messi said that many clubs wanted him after Barcelona exit

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
Lionel Messi has come forward to address the issues surrounded his exit after he decided to end his career at Barcelona. The star player said that many clubs wanted him at the time but he chose PSG to play with Neymar and Mbappe.

Lionel Messi has admitted he had "other offers" from "various clubs" after leaving Barcelona last summer before opting to join Paris Saint-Germain.

"Barcelona published a statement saying that I wasn't going to carry on, and from then I was asking myself where I was going to end up," Messi told L'Equipe.

"I was lucky to be contacted by various clubs and one of them was Paris Saint-Germain. I'm grateful to the club. They treated me well from the beginning. They showed that they really wanted me.

"I had other offers, but I have to say that we came to an agreement quickly with PSG. It wasn't straightforward because everything had to be sorted out in a short amount of time, practically from one day to the next. ... I was convinced by the project, the club's ambitions, the players they have, the squad. ... All of these factors."