Manchester City And Premier League Set Date For Trial of 115 Financial Charges

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
The Premier League and Manchester City have agreed to a date where both parties are going to face off in front of the independent panel.

It was revealed that the showdown between the Premier League and the reigning Champions of Europe had been initially scheduled to be before the end of 2024.

The Current Champions of Europe have been accused of 115 charges of breaching financial regulation in February after opening an investigation in 2018.

Throughout the investigation, the two parties have been in contact, but both have failed to make any comment on the issue.

It was believed that the majority feels the clash between the two may be at the end of next season when Pep Guardiola's contract expires.

Should the trial go ahead on time, the final judgment on those 115 charges will be imposed on Manchester City in 2025.

The charges included Manchester City's inability to comply with the Premier League investigation since 2018. Manchester City proceeded to deny any wrongdoing.

Delay may, however, push the process back further.

Should either Manchester City or the Premier League find the judgment unpalatable by the Independent Panel, it will be difficult to appeal.

Hence, Manchester City might explore other means of making sure they don't go down if the judgement go against them.

However, they are unlikely to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, where they had their UEFA Champions League ban overturned.

Everton were charged with breaking financial rules in March 2022, which was a month after the announcement was made about Manchester City's 115 charges.

Everton received a 10-point reduction, which they are planning on appealing before the end of the season.

There are rumors that Manchester City's punishment will be more severe than that of Everton. They are likely to be relegated and stripped of all the Premier League titles they have won.

What Pep Guardiola Said After It Was Revealed Manchester City may be punished the same way Everton was punished.

Pep Guardiola claimed everybody outside the club wants Manchester City punished.

He said, "We are innocent until guilt is proved,' he said before last weekend's draw with Liverpool. 'I know the people want Manchester City to be punished."

"I know; I feel it. I will wait and see, and after the sentence has been done, we will come here and explain."

When he was asked about his future, Pep Guardiola said, "Absolutely, I will not consider my future if it depends on being here or being in League One."

"There is more chance to stay if we are in League One than if we were in the Champions League."

What do you think about Manchester City facing 115 charges? Air your views in the comments section.