Manchester United Set To Increase Lisandro Martinez’s Salary By 40%

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Manchester United are looking to increase Lisandro Martines’ salary by 40% after a stellar season with the Red Devils.

images (1).jpeg

The Red Devils are willing to land him a significant 40% pay rise to secure the future of the Argentine.

Martinez was deemed too small to excel in the Premier League in his first two games for United and faced several criticisms.

Martinez on the other hand has used that particular criticism to establish himself as one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Manchester United secured the signing of the Argentine from Ajax for £60million and wade off interest from Arsenal in the process.

Currently, the World Cup winner pockets £120,000 a week at Old Trafford.

The top executive at Manchester United are keen on rewarding Martinez by offering him an improved wage package that would increase his earnings by £50,000.

Though United wants to increase his pay at the club, there are no plans from Martinez’s end to sign a new deal given his current contract does not expire for another four years.

Futballnews understands that Manager Erik ten Hag likes the idea as a way of showing how important Martinez is to the United squad.

United have been without the star defender in recent weeks after the Argentine was ruled out for the rest of the season after he broke his metatarsal during the 2-2 Europa League draw against Real Betis last month.

Despite injury setbacks, the Argentine has already cemented his place in the hearts of United fans and the pay increase is a reflection of his amazing season.

When he picked up the injury that saw him out of the season, he took to his Instagram page to update his fans.

He wrote: "Not the way I imagined what’s been a very special season would end, but sometimes we face obstacles along the way that we have to overcome to make us stronger and we learn from them."

"I know that I’ll be back soon to go for more. In the meantime, I’ll continue to support my teammates to achieve our objectives."

"The messages and support I’ve received have been amazing, they’re giving me strength and encouragement. Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart."

Lisandro Martinez will be hoping to kick on and improve in the subsequent season with Manchester United as they focus on a title charge next season.

The major focus for him and his teammates this season is qualifying for the Champions League next season.

Lisandro Martinez

Lisandro Martínez is an Argentine footballer who was born on 18 January 1998 and plays primarily as a center-back for Manchester United and the Argentina national team.

The short defender is widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the world.

Martínez began his career at Newell's Old Boys before joining Defensa y Justicia in 2017, initially on loan.

The World Cup winner signed for Ajax in 2019, where he made 120 appearances over three seasons and won two Eredivisie titles and one KNVB Cup.

He also won the Ajax Player of the Year award in the 2021–22 season.

The United defender represented Argentina at under-20 and under-23 levels, before making his senior international debut in March 2019.

He was part of the Argentina squads that won the 2021 Copa América, the 2022 Finalissima, and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.