Mauricio Pochettino Punishes Himself Four His Touchline Ban

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino has taken a rather weird step to punish himself after being hit a touchline ban for his touchline antics during Premier League matches.

Screenshot_20231125-110612.jpg

The former PSG and Tottenham boss had been one of the Premier League managers who are always carried away by emotions while on the touchline during matches.

Mauricio Pochettino bas been booked three times so far during Premier League matches hence his touchline ban.

He will be expected to be absent from the dugout as Chelsea resume Premier League action against Newcastle United after the international break.

Mauricio Pochettino slams himself with punishment after ban

Unlike other managers, Mauricio Pochettino has accepted his touchline ban with grace but his reaction is quite surprising.

The former Southampton manager has decided to further impose a financial penalty on himself due to the ban.

According to him, he has decided to take all Chelsea players out for a dinner and will pay for the bills as his own self-inflicted punishment for being slammed with a touchline ban.

"Yes, I have to take my players out for dinner and foot the bills as punishment for my ban from the dugout," he said.

Pochettino self-imposed penalty underscores his utmost concern for discipline and decorum in the Blues' squad on and off the field.

Apart from his self-imposed punishment, Mauricio Pochettino has also revealed he asked Nicolas Jackson to go a run away from the team because he picked up five yellow cards so far this season - a penalty the former Villarreal forward obliged.

Despite his on-field histrionics and remonstrations that led to his touchline ban, Pochettino reserves utmost respect for match officials and believes other managers should do the same.

According to him, sometimes his emotions may do run amok but he still believes match officials deserve utmost respect and managers should accord them same.

However, he insists managers should be given time to adjust to new rules of the game.