Mercy Johnson raises alarm over a woman claiming to be her mother - Scam

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
Nigerian celebrity Mercy Johnson has come forward to denounce a woman claiming to be her mother. crazy story.

With how far people can go for money, we definitely wouldn't be surprised if this is just another stunt or not but that's not ours to decide.

News reaching us today is that a particular woman who is a native of Cameroon is claiming to be the mother of popular Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson. The woman who insisted that a prophet told her that Mercy is her long lost daughter who she last saw when she was 5 years old and was living in Benue. She is also threatening the Nollywood actress to accept her as a mother or face massive smear campaign.

To this effect, BroadwayTV had exclusively obtained a signed statement from Mercy Johnson's team. The statement reads thus

"As a celebrity, we get all sorts of weird encounter online but recently I got one that top it all. A woman from Cameroon is claiming to be the mother of one of my brothers and I laughed it off at first but the message kept coming. I decided to give the woman a listening ear since she’s elderly despite complete assurance that I grew up with my real parents here in Nigeria. I want to put an end to her struggle and suspicious.

What the woman said shocked me. She said she used to live in Benue state Nigeria with her husband but got separated and lost her two children with the man when he died. She said one pastor told her I am the missing child and that my name was changed to mercy. As laughable as this is, I wanted to help put her troubled mind to rest. I agreed to a DNA test but to my surprise the woman’s family still want me to pay for it.

Why do so called prophet deceive people this way?

More importantly, I wonder how people believe this type of lies as well.
Let us be careful what we wear, what we say and believe."

When we reached out to Mercy who is a mother of three, she said she's not making any further comment on the matter other than what was written in the signed statement released by her team. She however added that she has nothing but pity for the woman who might genuinely be looking for a long lost child or needs medical attention.

However, a source close to Mercy Johnson told BroadwayTV that she has instructed her lawyer and appropriate security agency to look into the matter as it as semblance of blackmail, stalking and psychological imbalance.