Michael Olise Set For a Lengthy Spell on The Sidelines Due to Injury

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Michael Olise is set to miss action for Crystal Palace for at least two months due to injury. Oliseh picked up a hamstring issue during Crystal Palace Premier League defeat to Brighton on Saturday.

The Manchester United target came on as a substitute for the Eagles in the second half before picking up the injury. It was previously thought he would be able to return to action soon. Now, a new update on the injury situation reveals the English youngster will miss action for at least two months.

Olise's injury comes at a time when Crystal Palace are gradually going down the drop zone and the club have been partially blamed for the poor management of the injury.

Before the loss to Brighton, Olise had suffered a hamstring issue and was a lengthy injury layoff before he returned to action for the Eagles against Sheffield United.

He limped off the match against Sheffield United and was expected to undergo another thorough diagnosis and treatment before returning to action. However, Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson decided to bring him on against Brighton.

Speaking after the game, Roy Hodgson said the player declared that he is fit to play and wanted to be on the bench.

‘I was told he couldn't start the game, everyone was quite comfortable with that," Hodgson said after the game.

‘But they told me, and he told me, he was fine to be on the bench and to play in the second half.

‘Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball and I wasn't to know that would lead to a recurrence of his injury.’

Olise has endured an injury-disrupted season, restricting the winger to just 11 appearances this season.