Movie producers wanted to take advantage of me, Bimbo Ademoye reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Popular Nollywood actress and Best Actress in Comedy at the 2023 AMVCA Bimbo Ademoye has revealed that movie producers wanted to take advantage of her when she was still new in the industry.

20230621_095627.jpg

According to her, producers mostly offered her roles of a side chic, mistress or sexy secretary because of her curvy body.

She said, "To be honest with you, everybody wanted to make use of the body. Everybody wanted me to play the sexy secretary or the girl that snatched someone’s husband, or the one that snatched the other person’s boyfriend. But it was Uduak Isong that took a chance on me. She gave me a role different from what I was used to and since then, it has been amazing. People started calling me to come and act this comedy role, come and feature in this and that. It has really been very wonderful since then. I can say I owe that woman a lot for the opportunity she gave to me."

She added that she was never comfortable with such roles because she felt they were trying to box her into one particular field.

20230621_102038.jpg

She also added that she didn't experience producers asking her to sleep with them to get roles. She commended the efforts of her industry aunt Uduak Isong who believed in her and took a chance on her when she started.

"I came into the industry through Uduak Isong. I didn’t experience the issues of sleeping with producers because of roles and I have never slept with anybody for that. She was more like a mother to me when I started," she added.