My colleagues don't want to work with me because of Naira Marley, Singer Mohbad reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Singer Mohbad revealed in a recent interview with Tacha on the Big Friday Show how life has been going for him since he left Naira Marley's record label, Marlians Music.

Screenshot_20230711-091630_1.jpg

Recall that Mohbad left Marlians Music in October 2022 as a result of an altercation he had with his boss Naira Marley. According to him, Naira Marley assaulted him after he asked for a change in management. This incident landed Mohbad in the hospital where he was for a few days before he finally got back on his feet.

He also revealed that the record label failed to pay his royalties in 2019. Subsequently, Mohbad released a statement confirming the termination of his contract with Marlians Music.

The interviewer Tacha asked him what is going on with him and Naira Marley and this was his response:

img_1689063664789_1.jpg

"We just had a split, you know. From Marlians Music to Imolenization. We just wanted to be on our own. But it didn't come easy, you understand."

After Mohbad's exit from Marlians Music, he created his own record label known as Imolenization.

"I'm happy doing it by myself. That's all I ever wanted ever since. Nothing comes easy but I'm finding my way you know. I'm getting it right always." He added.

When asked if he has thought of going back to Naira Marley's label, he replied saying he has no intentions of going back to the label because it's forward ever for him.

He also spoke about his current relationship with his former boss Naira Marley saying both of them are no longer close. In his words, "It's just hi hi from afar you know."

The singer opened up to Tacha on how his colleagues in the industry find it hard to associate with him because of what happened between him and Naira Marley.

"Even most of the people that still chill with me, that we work together don't even want us to be together in the media. I'm never worried about that you understand." He said.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy