My son married a second wife without my knowledge - Pete Edochie

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Veteran actor Pete Edochie finally broke silence on his son Yul Edochie's separation from his wife May in a recent interview with Chude.

Pete-Edochie-and-Yul-Edochie.jpg

Edochie revealed that he wasn't aware that his son Yul was planning to take a second wife at the time he did. He found out only when Yul announced it. He also mentioned that his son Yul is 41 years old. He is capable of making his own decisions so he doesn't meddle in his affairs.

"Yul is 41. I really don't interfere in his affairs. Suddenly, we heard he's picked up a second wife. There's something you must know about me, I don't lie. It's not necessary. God created me so well, if I tell you this thing is black, it is black.", He explained.

He gave an instance when his son Yul was contesting for the seat of a governor and he wasn't aware. Even after seeing the posters everywhere, he thought it was for a movie production. He wasn't aware until someone close to him called to inform him about it.

He continued, "I have five sons but I don't interfere with their lives. If they say, Daddy something is happening in their life, I'll say, good. If they don't tell me, I don't bother. If they tell me, beautiful. We just heard it and that's it."

He also quoted an Igbo proverb saying, "There is something we always say in Igbo, 'If you go and pick up ants infested faggots, it is a direct invitation to the lizards'.

He implied that one should always expect the natural consequences of his actions and shouldn't be surprised when it comes. In other words, our actions determine what happens to us, either good or bad.

Speaking of his daughter-in-law May Edochie, he sang her praises saying she is not just a daughter-in-law to him but a daughter. He spoke about how well mannered she is, how her family held them in high esteem during their wedding ceremony, and how she is the backbone of her home.

images-3-3.jpeg

He said, "Mary (May) is not just a daughter-in-law. I don't want to say that I love Mary more than the other wives of my son but the love I have for Mary is so strong. Why?

Her father and I were very close. When we went for the traditional marriage rites in their place, the kind of reception their people gave me, I will never forget. Mary is a girl I love to the marrow."

He continued, "By the way, she's a wonderful person. Mary is a very very brilliant girl. You may not know that. Mary is a computer wizard. That girl you're looking at. And to a very large extent, the success of that home is to Mary's credit. Things like this happen and it's so difficult to convince her that you're not part of it."

He also appreciated how Mary showered him praises and celebrated him on his 76th birthday celebration months ago.

He said, "I just had my 76th birthday and the message she put out was so endearing. Mary is a wonderful woman. A lot of people have been advising her wrongly. They're trying to see if they can sunder the link between herself and her husband. Most of the women advising her don't have good homes. They don't."

After 18 years of marriage, Yul and May Edochie's union hit the rocks after Yul decided to take a second wife known as Judy Austin who has a son for him.

Screenshot_20230805-215312_1.jpg

May Edochie however, has decided to file divorce against her estranged husband Yul.

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy