My track was used in KESARI without my consent, soundtrack producer Oghenetega says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

My track was used in KESARI without my consent, soundtrack producer Oghenetega says​

Film soundtrack producer Oghenetega calls out the producers of the Yoruba movie, "KESARI" for using his soundtrack without seeking consent. He didn't realize that his soundtrack which was initially rejected was later used in the movie until two of his friends rang his phone announcing they heard his soundtrack in the movie.

Oghenetega disclosed that he hadn't had the time to see the movie on Netflix ever since it was released but thank goodness his friends called his attention to it. He was pained to see that his intellectual property was used without consent or the due credit, and asked Nigerians to come to his aid.

He urged people to tag the appropriate bodies to explain why such a thing happened in a movie production. KESARI is a movie produced by Nollywood actor Ibrahim Yekini aka Itele and the actor has yet to acknowledge this accusation.