Naija 23 - Governor Nyesom Wike has mocked the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adewale Stock

Administrator
Apr 15, 2020
The Nigeria Election is coming up soon and now many people will be fighting each other for power and money. Peter Obi won Obasanjo's endorsement and now Wike has so much to say about it.

Governor Nyesom Wike has mocked the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, over former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s endorsement of Labour Party’s Peter Obi, ahead of the 2023 General election.

Atiku was vice president during the Obasanjo administration between 1999 and 2007. However, in his New Year's day message on Sunday, January 1, Obasanjo endorsed Peter Obi as his preferred candidate for the 2023 Presidential election.

Speaking at the flag-off of a road construction in the state today January 2, Governor Wike said;

“I was praying that Obasanjo should not say anything. When I saw the letter last night, I was touched. If your principal cannot recommend you, then there is something fundamentally wrong.

After all, you people went to see your principal to lobby him to recommend you. It took your principal a long time before he now wrote a letter to all Nigerians, saying, ‘Look, I am not too comfortable [with Atiku]’. I am not bothered about other people but this one [Obasanjo] worked with you and he knows [why he took that decision].”