Nigerian lady begins solo trip from London to Lagos by car

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Pelumi-Nubi_1x1.jpg

A 29-year-old Nigerian lady known as Pelumi Nubi has begun a record-breaking solo trip from London to Lagos by car.

Pelumi Nubi, a 29-year-old adventurer who resides in London will be driving from London to Lagos by road for two months. A Nigerian adventurer, Kayode Adeyanju, also rode on a motorbike from London to Lagos in 2022. Pelumi Nubi has made preparations for her traveling as she has a readily customized Peugeot 107 for her journey. The vehicle has been designed to provide shelter, a space for cooking, washing, and other private affairs for the time she will be on the road. Pelumi revealed that she had been preparing hard for the expedition for a whole year and also reached out to people who had done it in previous years.

The globetrotter who has explored over 80 countries, said she has been on several solo road trips but this one is a daring and expensive adventure. Pelumi said traveling through two different continents, Europe and Africa, will enable her to get out of her comfort zone. Pelumi said she will be visiting 17 countries in all. She will begin her journey across Europe down to Morocco before going to West Africa. Pelumi said she wants to experience each of them and inspire young black girls like her.

"I want to inspire people to travel, to get out of their comfort zone and travel, and showcase Africa in a way it has never been done before in mainstream media. I want to be able to say this is my experience", she added.