Nigerian singer who went viral for poor rendition of National Anthem finally apologizes

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
The internet ran amok yesterday as the video of a Nigerian singer reciting the Nigerian National Anthem poorly on live TV went viral.

Screenshot_20231031-165123_1.jpg

The Nigerian singer known as Mercy Isoyip also known as Descuchiel was chosen out of millions and given the honor to recite the Nigerian National Anthem at the Opening Ceremony of Senior Police Officers Conference and Retreat at Owerri, Imo State. This event was aired live on national television.

The young lady however, failed to deliver well as she began to sing the wrong lyrics of the National Anthem. This triggered the reactions of netizens and the internet went wild immediately as people gave their opinions.

Take a quick look at the video:

See some reactions:

Screenshot_20231031-163010_1.jpgScreenshot_20231031-162959_1.jpg

To this effect, Miss Descuchiel, who is a Nollywood actress and a rapper, released a video on her page this morning apologizing to Nigerians about her mistake. She also apologized to the Nigerian police force and the dignitaries who graced the event and her fans for failing to deliver as expected.

She said, "I acknowledge and I understand the importance of the national anthem. I'm sorry that I fell short in upholding the respect and reverence that it deserves."

Descuchiel revealed that the Nigerian Police Force gave her the opportunity to showcase her craft and talent in the entertainment industry. She said she understands the values and beliefs the police force upholds and she's deeply sorry for any disruption the incident may have caused. She said she's ready to make amends and to uphold the honor the national anthem represents.