Nottingham Forest Release Jesse Lingard And Five Other Players

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Former Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard is part of six players released by the tricky trees after his contract duration elapsed.

Lingard joined Nottingham Forest on a free transfer in the summer of 2022 and he played 20 matches in the 2022/23 season.

Unfortunately, the 30-year-old lost his place in the starting XI of Steve Cooper's side.

Jesse Lingard featured for just 60 minutes of English Premier League action after the 1st of January 2023.

The Englishman who was earning a regular salary of £115,000 weekly in addition to incentives did not score a goal or make an assist in 17 Premier League games for Forest.

However, he netted a brace and provided two assists as the Tricky Trees made it to the semi-final of the Carabao Cup.

images - 2023-06-03T085441.895.jpeg

Jesse Lingard afterwards picked up an injury which kept him out of action for long spells during the season.

There certainly should be interest in the English midfielder who played 149 games for Manchester United scoring 20 goals across all competitions.

He did shine like a million stars at West Ham United during his loan spell at the club.

Unfortunately, Lingard couldn't replicate such impressive performances the following season at Manchester United under Ole Gunnnar Solksjaer after his loan spell had ended.

Anyway, the forward has also given a clue on where could be his next destination after his stint at Forest.

It appears a move to the MLS might be on the card for the 30-year-old midfielder but only time would tell where he would be headed for next.

The United States Of America should be a perfect fit for him as he has his sights also on acting alongside business interest in gaming, fashion and media.

In a conversation with the diary of a podcast in January, Jesse Lingard offered insights into where his next destination could be.

He said: “After football I want to get into acting, I always want to know what the next thing to do is, what’s the next investment, what can I be involved in, what can I do?

Speaking concerning his media and ESports team, Lingard said: “I’ve got an ESports team, I love gaming, I’ve got my own brand, I love fashion, I’ve got a media company called One Touch Entertainment. I just want to be happy and do things I want to do to make me happy.

He added: “The investment and business side of things, of course I want to set things up for my little sister and little brother, for my daughter when she grows up, things they can go into straight away.

“The media company is based in LA and that’s where eventually I want to finish football. Finish in America? Yeah, I think so.”

Costa Rican Keylor Navas, Englishman Dean Henderson and Brazilian Renan Lodi have also exited the City Ground following the expiration of their loan deals.

Andre Ayew, Cafu, Jack Colback, Jordan Smith and Lyle Taylor will exit the team when their contracts ends.

Dean Henderson began the season as number one goalie for Nottingham Forest after his loan move from Manchester United.

However, he picked a thigh injury in January which kept him out of action for the remainder of the season.

Henderson was afterwards replaced by Keylor Navas who was acquired on loan from Paris Saint Germain.

For Renan Lodi, he came in on a season-long contract from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2022.

He made 28 appearances for Forest as he assisted them in keeping their top-flight status.

Ivorian Serge Aurier who also made 28 appearances for the Nottingham based club has activated an automatic one year extension on his contract.

Aurier was also impressive for Forest last campaign and he has been rewarded with a contract extension.

Additionally, The Garibaldi have established that striker Chris Wood's loan deal from Newcastle United will be made a permanent deal when the transfer window opens on the 1st of July 2023.

images - 2023-06-03T085412.915.jpeg

Who is Jesse Lingard?

He is an English professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or winger, Lingard is currently a free agent and he is an England International.

The Englishman was born on the 15th of December in 1992.

Is Jesse Lingard married?

Lingard is not married and he is presently not in a relationship known to the public.

Jesse Lingard's children?

The 32-cap England International has a daughter christened Hope, who he co-parents with former girlfriend and fitness model Rebecca Halliday.

His net worth is estimated to be within the region of £12 - 15 million and Jesse Lingard's market value is €12 million.

Source: https://futballnews.com/nottingham-forest-release-jesse-lingard-and-five-other-players/