Our players will perform well under Paseiro's regime - Super Eagles assistant coach, George

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (29).jpeg

Super Eagles assistant coach Finidi George believes the team will do well under new head coach José Peseiro.

Despite losing 2-1 to Mexico in Peseiro's first game, the three-time African champions received plenty of praise. The Super Eagles dominated the game in the second half and were unlucky not to pick up at least a point.

Peseiro's team only had two training sessions before the game against Mexico, but now they've spent a lot of time together preparing for their second friendly against Ecuador.

Watch Nigeria Vs Mexico recent highlights:

After working closely with the Portuguese over the past week, Finidi, a member of the Super Eagles team that won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia, is confident the team will survive among former Venezuelan and Saudi Arabian sides successfully.

"Even while we were in Dallas, we had a few sessions." Personally, I find it appealing. We're remodeling, I'd say. The rebuilding process has begun. We'll see what we can do to motivate the players.So far everything has gone well. "Let's see how the second game goes," Finidi said on NFF TV.

You did that admirably. It's not easy, especially after just a week with the players. Little by little he lets them know what he expects from them. I think by the start of the qualifiers, the players will have a better understanding of what is expected of them and will strive to do what is best for the country, he added. Finidi also spoke about his expectations for Thursday's friendly against La Tri of Ecuador.

It's a rebuilding process. A draw wouldn't be a bad result, but a win would be even better. We would like to go home with a positive result, he explained.