People started calling to check up on me but I didn't care - Toke Makinwa on COP28 saga

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Popular television host and YouTuber Toke Makinwa has revealed that people called to check up on her during the COP28 saga but she didn't care.

20231222_071438.jpg

Recall that Toke Makinwa was bullied on social media after she was chosen as a delegate to the United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP28 in Dubai. Netizens came for her and called her "Item 7", implying that she was sponsored by a "sugar daddy" to be at the event.

In a recent video, Toke Makinwa said she succeeded in doing everything she planned to do at the event. She revealed that she also attended the events and panels. Toke Makinwa disclosed that she got numerous calls from people when the news started flying around.

She stated, "I walked into this hotel in Dubai where they had important people and all of them had seen it. They were all calling me Item 7 so it was funny. We all just laughed."

Toke Makinwa expressed that they kept asking about her wellbeing but she didn't even mind because it wasn't serious. She bragged about her influence on giving the event spotlight in the media because it garnered a lot of attention online.