Pep Guardiola Apologizes To Kalvin Philips For His Unsavory Post-World Cup Remark [Video]

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has doffed his hat to tender an unreserved apology to struggling Manchester City loanee Kalvin Philips.

Kalvin Philips, who is currently on a short-term loan to West Ham United, has struggled to return to top-level performance after his Manchester City deadlock.

Philips committed two costly mistakes in his opening two games for West Ham against Manchester United and Bournemouth, and both errors led to cheap goals.

After his first two rickety starts, David Moyes started him from the bench against Arsenal before returning him to the lineup against Nottingham Forest. And it was another nightmare for the English star against the Tricky Trees as he picked up his first red in the club.

Since joining the club, the stats has been disappointing for Philips, who was hoping to breathe life back into his career at the London Stadium after his Manchester City nightmare.

Following his loan move to West Ham United, Kalvin Philips reflected on his difficult career stint with Manchester City.

He cited the moment Pep Guardiola publicly called him out for being overweight as the lowest point of his career.

Recently, Pep Guardiola was grilled in a viral footage that is making the rounds, about whether he has any regret with his infamous remark on Kalvin Philips' weight after the 2022 World Cup.

Responding to the journalist, the 54-year-old said he was sorry and admitted he made a mistake.

He said;

'Yeah, I'm sorry,' Guardiola said. '[Apologising] once in eight years is not bad. But I'm so sorry. I apologize to him. I do apologize. I'm so sorry.''

Kalvin Philips joined West Ham United on a short-term loan deal with a buy option after falling down Guardiola's pecking order at Manchester City.

The England international, who could lose his England slot with his recent poor form, will be hoping to reverse the setbacks and return to top-level performance at West Ham.