Pep Guardiola Reveals Decision to Extend Manchester City Contract

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed his decision on Manchester City's future after his biggest Premier League rival Jurgen Klopp announced his decision to step down as Liverpool manager at the end of the season.

Speaking after Manchester City's FA Cup victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, Pep Guardiola made it clear he will continue with Manchester City after the season. The serial Premier winner added he is more likely to extend his contract with the Citizens.

In a quote shared by Fabrizio Romano, Pep Guardiola said;

"Klopp out of energy? I'm fine. There is still one more year of contract. I want to do it. Maybe, I will extend.

"Klopp leaving? I will sleep better! The day before playing Liverpool, it was always a nightmare".

"The best rival I have ever had in my life. I wish him all the very best. He will be back, I'm sure."

Guardiola signed a new two-year contract with Manchester City in 2023. He has 18 months remaining on his contract. Guardiola has the backing and support of Manchester City following his stellar run with the club since he took over the reins in 2016.

With Klopp's shocking decision to step down due to lack of energy, the former Barcelona manager was grilled on whether he may likely take the same route sooner. Responding to the query, Guardiola dismissed the prospects of stepping before the expiration of his contract and even said he may likely extend his deal as he has the energy to do so.

Pep Guardiola joined Manchester City in 2016 after his spell as Bayern Munich manager came to an end. He has overseen one of the most successful eras in Manchester City history, winning five Premier League titles, two FA Cups, five Carabao Cups, two Community Shields, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup.

Guardiola became the first manager to win a treble of major trophies with two different clubs after he led Manchester City to a terrific treble-winning campaign last season.

City will hope to have the Spaniard at the dugout as long as much as he chooses to stay.