Proud Mom: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Celebrates Her Son For Breaking A Medical Record In US

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

joseph sunday

Oct 16, 2021
Okonjo-iweala.jpg

World Trade Organization Director-General Ngozi Okonji-Iweala used social media to talk to her son Dr. Celebrating Uchechi Iweala for breaking a medical record in Maryland, USA.

She announced that her son is one of the first spinal surgeons in Maryland to perform a successful lumbar spine fusion with a robot.

The famous economist also said she was proud to be his mother.

She wrote on Twitter

“Congratulations Dr. Uchechi Iweala, on being one of the first spinal surgeons in Maryland to perform a successfully navigated lumbar spinal fusion using a robot! So proud to be your Mum! Keep it going!"

Meanwhile, in another news; the Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO), Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweal, has disproved reports that she plans to run for president in 2023.

In a statement released on Wednesday, the former Nigerian finance minister said she was not interested in running in the 2023 presidential election.

Describing the speculation as false, baseless, and utterly ridiculous, she added that she was only focused on taking the WTO to greater heights.

She said, “I just got there. I enjoy what I do. It's a very exciting job and I'm trying to be a little bit successful here.

The WTO chief, however, denied commenting on speculation that she was considering resigning from her post.

According to Bloomberg, five executives said Okonjo-Iweala fully understood the frustrating reality of the organization.

Officials said Okonjo-Iweala had repeatedly told ambassadors and staff that it was easy for her to resign, reminding them that she had not bought furniture for her temporary home in Geneva.