Ramires retires from football

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Another ex-Chelsea hero, Ramires retires from football

GettyImages-143336005-1024x576.jpeg

Former Chelsea midfielder Ramires has announced his retirement from professional football aged 35.

In an emotional Instagram post, the 35-year-old midfielder reflected on his career that saw him lift among others the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup plus making 248 appearances for Premier League giants, Chelsea.

He wrote: “After some reflection, I would like to inform you that I have officially decided to end my career as a professional football player.

“At this point, I can only thank God first for having trained me and led me to the highest levels that sport can offer. Many thanks also to all the clubs I went through, I will always carry you and your fans in my heart.

Gratitude also to the Brazilian Football Team for giving me the pleasure of playing two World Cups, which was a dream come true. Also grateful to all the teammates, employees, coaches and directors that I had the pleasure to work with.

“To my family, mother, children, brothers and true friends, thank you so much for being by my side unconditionally during all these years, vibrating for my every achievement as if it were yours, which has always been my greatest strength and motivation.
I will go in other directions, but with the same happiness and courage that I had since I was little, when, against all expectations, I left my city in the countryside of Rio de Janeiro to conquer the world. Thanks for everything, football!”

Ramires started his career in Brazil with Cruzeiro before penning a five-year contract at Portuguese giants Benfica