Sergio Ramos Announces he Will Leave PSG at The End of The Season

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Sergio Ramos has confirmed he will leave PSG after the club's final game in the 2022/23 season.

images - 2023-06-03T072621.468.jpeg

In a poignant message annoucing his imminent exit,. Sergio Ramos wrote;

"Tomorrow is a special day. Tomorrow I will say goodbye to another stage of my life. I don't know in how many places one can feel at home but without a doubt, PSG, the fans were one of them for me.

"Thank you for two special years in which I was able to play in every tournament and give my all. I will face new challenges. I will wear other colors. But first and for the last time: Allez Paris!"

The former Real Madrid defender has spent two seasons in French Ligue 1 with PSG after joining the club in 2021 from La Liga.

Ramos joined PSG in what was described as the PSG's All-stars project which was championed by the club President, Nassr Al-Khelaifi and geared towards breaking the Champions League deadlock and conquering Europe.

After a legendary career with Real Madrid in La Liga, Ramos opened a new chapter in his career joining the Ligue 1 giants as a free agent.

Sergio Ramos PSG career

Sergio Ramos joined PSG in 2021, signing a two-year contract. His first season with the club was marred with injury. He made his French Ligue 1 debut for the club in a 3-1 win over Saint Etienne on 27 November, 2021. Ramos hit his debut goal for PSG in a 4-0 home win over Reims.

In his second season, Ramos started on the front foot, scoring in PSG's 4-0 win over Nantes to clinch the Trophee des Champions

images - 2023-06-03T072643.936.jpeg

Since joining the club, Sergio Ramos has made a total of 44 appearances for the club, scoring three goals. He has won two French Ligue 1 titles and the Trophee des Champions with the club.

Against reports he may likely renew his PSG contract, Ramos took to his social media handle to announce he will part ways with PSG after the final matchday clash against Clermont.

Sergio Ramos international career deadlock

Sergio Ramos had a glittering national team career with Spain, having won two European Championships and the 2010 World Cup.

Sources close to the player revealed he was hoping to continue with Spain national team while at PSG. Ramos made his Spain debut in 2005 and has won 180 caps with the team, scoring 23 goals.

Former Spain head coach, Luis Enrique, left out Sergio Ramos from Spain 2022 World Cup squad. Luis Enrique's successor, De La Fuente gave no greenlights he wants Ramos back into the team.

Following a conversation between Sergio Ramos and De La Fuente, it was revealed the national team door has been shut by De La Fuente towards Ramos. The PSG star immediately announced his retirement from international football following the national team deadlock.

What is next for Sergio Ramos?

Sergio Ramos has been linked to a move to Saudi Arabia in the summer. According to L'Equipe, Al-Hilal are interested in signing the legendary Spanish defender and are ready to pay as much as €30m per season with other reports saying the Saudi outfit is willing to go as far as €50m per season.

Sergio Ramos summer exit was on the card after he reportedly refused a pay cut from PSG before a new deal.

Attachments

• images - 2023-06-03T072621.468.jpeg
    images - 2023-06-03T072621.468.jpeg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0