South African singer Tyla wins her first Grammy Award

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
tyla-accepts-the-award-for-african-music-performance-at-the-66th-grammy-awards-premiere-ceremony-held-at-the-peacock-theater-in.jpg

South African singer Tyla Laura Seethal, simply known as Tyla won her first Grammy Award at the 66th award ceremony yesterday in Los Angeles.

Tyla won her first Grammy Award for the Best African Music Performance category with her hit song "Water" ahead of her fellow nominees, Davido, Burna Boy, Olamide, Asake, and Ayra Starr.

Since her rise to international fame in 2023, Tyla has been making waves both in Africa and across the world. Tyla started her musical career in 2019 but didn't get noticed until 2023 when she released "Been Thinking". After her song "Water" went viral on Tiktok for its popular dance challenge, the song became a massive hit around the world making Tyla the first South African artist in 55 years to enter the Billboard Hot 100.

During her acceptance speech, Tyla said, "I can't believe I won a Grammy at 22 years old. Last year, God decided to change my whole life. Thank you to God. Thank you to my team, my family."