"Stand-up comedy is harder than skit-making" says Lasisi Elenu

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
"Stand-up comedy is harder than skit-making" says Lasisi Elenu

Screenshot_20230817-113552_Google.jpg

Well-known Nigerian comedian Lasisi Elenu has revealed that stand-up comedy is harder than making skits. His real name is Nosa Afolabi but is popularly known as Lasisi Elenu. He is an actor, comedian and skit maker.
He has acted in some nollywood movies like the Ghost and the tout and made in heaven.

He recently shared that stand-up comedy is tougher than skit-making. He revealed that the reason for saying this is that in stand-up comedy, there is the pressure involved and need for materials to have a good show.

Screenshot_20230817-113608_Google.jpg

He shared this during an interview with Hip TV. He said the two have a different feel to them. He said "There is a lot of pressure in stand-up comedy"

“You’ve to be on your A-game, and you have to make several materials ready in case you use one and it’s not that good; you can always improvise. It’s always very important to do that"
He says need to so many materials when it comes to stand up comedy and everything has to be on point.

He also added “However, skit-making has become a part of me, one which I can do at any time, at any moment, from sleep; it’s a go for me. I know how to put myself in tune"

He says that the 2 are very lucrative and it depends on how a person channels them. According to him, both can be of financial gain to the person involved.
He also said “So, it’s not about making the most skit videos; it’s how well you channel the videos to the right plugs, to the right place, to brand them in such a way that in turn, you get financial reward for them"

He also shared that he is a big fan of fiction and loves his different characters and personas. He said part of the content he makes is that he creates different ones with different looks, charisma, and aura.