This isn't the end, Maryam Shettima says after her name was omitted from the ministerial nominees list

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Social activist and qualified physiotherapist Maryam Shettima has broken silence after her name was omitted from the ministerial nominees list.

Maryam-Shettima.jpg

The first ministerial nominees list which was approved by the President was released Wednesday last week had Maryam Shettima's name among the 25 that was submitted.

President Tinubu nominated Maryam Shettima as one of the ministers to be in his cabinet but was soon replaced by her classmate, Mariya Mahmoud.

img_1691310439109_1.jpg

On getting to the screening on Friday, Shettima found out that her name had already been removed from the list and was replaced by her classmate. This occurred as a result of criticisms and condemnation that surrounded the nomination of Maryam Shettima.

However, Shettima has expressed her feelings on how her name was removed from the list saying it is not the end. Instead, it is a stepping stone to greater things.

In her praiseworthy statement to President Tinubu, she said, "Even with this unexpected twist, my gratitude to President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for considering me for such an esteemed position remains undiminished.

The journey doesn’t end here; I believe this is a mere stepping stone, the best is yet to come. My resolve to serve my beloved country, Nigeria, in any capacity I can, is stronger than ever.

I would like to assure my incredible supporters that this is not an end, it is the dawn of a new era. I urge all of us to continue praying for our nation and to stand behind our president as he strives to better Nigeria. Together, let’s press ahead united under our #WEBELIEVE campaign."

Maryam Shettima and her classmate, Mariya Mahmoud both attended Kano Foundation Secondary School and Bayero University as well.