TUESDAY FINANCE TIP: AVOIDING IMPULSE PURCHASES: A FUN GUIDE

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Olori Uwem

Mar 18, 2024
TUESDAY FINANCE TIP: AVOIDING IMPULSE PURCHASES: A FUN GUIDE

1. The "Impulse Buy":
- Imagine you are in a store, eyeing that shiny gadget. You start doing the "Impulse Buy" dance—two steps forward, one step back, and a twirl.
- Solution: Instead of dancing, pause and ask yourself, "Do I really need this? Or am I just messing with my wallet?"

2. The "Sale" Trap/Black Friday Discount:
- Sales signs shout, "50% OFF!" and you can't resist. But remember, discounts don't pay your bills.
- Solution: Imagine the sale sign saying, "50% OFF... your self-control!" Then walk away.

3. The "Online Shopping Trap":
- You open your laptop to check emails but end up lost in online deals. "One-click purchase" becomes your new habit.
- Solution: Close the laptop, take a deep breath, and repeat: "I am not a shopping addict. I am a budget master!"

4. The "Checkout Line Temptation":
- You're in line, surrounded by candy bars and gadgets. It's like a mini carnival of distractions.
- Solution: Pretend you're a secret agent. Your mission: Avoid eye contact with the impulse items. ️

5. The "Late-Night TV Ad Trap":
- It's 2 a.m., and an infomercial promises happiness if you buy the "Super-Duper Mega Blender." You believe it'll change your life.
- Solution: Turn off the TV, put down the phone, and say: "I don't need a blender that can blend my soul."

6. The "Emotional Spending" Ride:
- You had a bad day. Things didn't go as planned and your WiFi was down. So, you buy that expensive scented candle.
- Solution: Meditate, and remember: "Retail therapy is like a leaky umbrella in a storm—it feels good until you're soaked."

7. The "Impulse Snack Craving Attack":
- At the grocery store, the chocolate aisle calls to you. You grab a family-sized bar. It's not a snack; it's a commitment.
- Solution: Picture a tiny chocolate devil on your shoulder, whispering, "You deserve this." Then imagine a good food shooing it away.

Remember, laughter is free of calories, debt, and judgment. So, go forth, budget warriors! May your wallets be full and your impulse buys be few.