West Ham Midfielder Lucas Paqueta Breaks Silence After Alleged Betting Scandals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
West Ham midfielder Lucas Paqueta has opened up for the first time since his betting scandal.

The Brazilian also paid tribute to David Moyes for showing him the utmost support during those moment of the allegations.

In his latest interview, the player said, "In the beginning, it was hard. But now I have grown a lot mentally, and now I can live with that. I have left that behind, and I can now focus on my performances.”

“Moyes was special for me. I have a good relationship with him. And his support was important for me. He said he wanted me to play on the team. That confidence was very important for me."

“Without a shadow of doubt, the support he gave me to leave all this behind was essential.”

The 26-year-old star has been under investigation since August 2023 over allegations of suspicious gambling activities.

His probe is related to the bets placed on the midfielder to receive a yellow card in various Premier League matches.

Paqueta denied any wrongdoing and was said to be shocked by those allegations when they first emerged.

In addition, he said, "I was told not to comment on this subject. It’s been seven months since it happened, and I’m cooperating, doing what’s in my power so that it can be resolved.”

The alleged gambling activities prompted Premier League reigning Champions Manchester City to opt out of the deal to sign the Brazilian for a fee worth £80 million.

However, the Manchester City side are likely to come back for Paqueta next season.

Also, due to the gambling scandal, he was left out of six national team matches.

Although he is currently back with the squad ahead of the friendly matches against England and Spain.

The midfielder had been an important player in the West Ham squad, contributing immensely to their quest for European football this season.

The player had scored three goals and created five assists in the Premier League this season.

Lucas Paqueta Stats
The midfielder had made 272 appearances, scoring 48 goals and creating 36 assists in all club competitions. He had received 56 yellow cards and three red cards so far in his career.

Out of the 48 goals scored, 21 were for Lyon, 14 for Flamengo, 12 for West Ham, and one for AC Milan.

Paqueta made his international debut for Brazil on September 8, 2018, scoring nine goals in 42 appearances for Brazil.

How old is Lucas Paqueta?
The midfielder was born on August 27, 1997, in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He is currently 26 years old, with a height of 5 feet and 11 inches.

What do you think about Lucas Paqueta's alleged betting scandals? Air your views in the comments section.