What you need to know about Migrating to Norway from Nigeria

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
Do you want to travel out of Nigeria like everyone else is doing? Are you tired of your country or do you just need to travel to get experience or to see the world better?

According to our research here is what we found about migration to Norway from Nigeria. This is what you need .

1) Letter of introduction from my Office
2) Letter of grating of leave
3) 3 months payment slip
4) Bank statements (with reference letters from the bank)
5)Air ticket reservation
6) Hotel Reservation
7) Travel Insurance
cool.png
Letter of employments, promotion etc
9) stock statements
I will be including two statements of account (Salary Account and Personal Statement) to the application because i always transfer my salary after been paid into my personal account.

any body with tips or advice should contribute.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
while I was studying this topic, some people are saying that life is not that easy for Nigerians that migrated to Norway. This is what someone wrote on

"Well yeah you right but the cost of living in Norway is hell lol and yeah Sweden requires tuition payment and lets not forget that after your program you are granted a six months visa to find a job and you guys should google Sweden has one of the biggest percent of skilled immigrants in the country working professionally.. Well as for me am Swedish and half Nigerian trying to help here... One nice quote my dad always say "you use money to make money'' Goodluck to my Norwegian scholars
smiley.png
"

What do you guys think? doing you still want to leave Nigeria for another country?

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
If you are going to Norway to school is is what someone said, keep in mind that this person's experience will not mean that you will have the same experience for leaving Nigeria and trying to survive in another man's land.

"Sweden has tuition fee(average of SEK100,000 depending on your program). Before being granted a Swedish study permit, you must pay atleast 50pc of tuition fees. Norway does not charge tuition fee.

It is really funny how people choose a country to study without checking the immigration policy of that country. A Norwegian student permit does not form a basis for permanent residence in Norway or long term stay in Norway. In other words students are not granted post study work permit and you are expected to return to ur homeland after your study. Student residence permit is valid only for the duration of ur study.

I rare situation where your area of specialization is highly needed, you will be asked to return back to ur homeland to apply for work permit from ur homeland.
Also, if you marry a local in Norway, you will also be ask to return to ur country to file for spousal visa except in critical circumstances where your wife is heavily pregnant"

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
If you are seeking a residence permit to migrate to Norway from Nigeria. You need the following information.
Residence permit

Citizens of Nigeria need a residence permit in order to work or to take up residence in Norway.

For nationals of other countries:

• Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.
The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit.

Before you apply

Gather the necessary documentation

Online registration and payment

Handing in the documents

Processing time

Result

On arrival

Thank you!
For taking the time to help us improve our services.

" data-text-failed="
Det er ikke deg, det er oss.
Det oppsto en uventet feil med serveren. Prøv igjen senere.

" style="box-sizing: inherit; font-family: inherit; position: relative; height: auto; opacity: 1; transition: opacity 0.8s; max-width: 980px; padding-right: 104px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 104px; margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto;">
Did you find what you were looking for?