Why I don't have a phone despite being a millionaire - Ed Sheeran

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
ed-sheeran-01-gty-iwb-210702_1625238828935_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

UK singer and songwriter, Ed Sheeran reveals the reason why he doesn't have a smartphone since 2015.

In a recent interview, Ed Sheeran revealed that he stopped using a phone in 2015 and that his only form of communication is email messaging. Ed Sheeran said his team provides him with a phone during events but it doesn't belong to him. The "Shape Of You" removed himself from the outside world when he could no longer keep up with the bulky messages he got daily.

He said, "I had the same number from like age 15. I got famous, and I had 10,000 contacts on my phone. People would just text all the time, and I was constantly in touch with a lot of people.

With phones, everyone expects you to reply, and if you don’t, it’s rude. Sometimes you’re just not in a headspace to reply, but then they reply back and suddenly you’re in like 40 conversations at once."

Ed Sheeran switched to using an iPad and reading his emails once a week to reduce the pressure and manage phone addiction. He added that not having a phone makes him more connected to his environment and the people around him and contributes to his creativity.