Wrexham's Owner Ryan Reynolds Gets Praises From Anthony Forde's Wife, Laura, For Helping Her End Brain Tumor Nightmare

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Ryan Reynolds has been praised by the wife of Wrexham player Anthony Forde for helping her end the brain tumor nightmare that almost ended her life.

Irish star Forde, who plays for Wrexham, had his life turned upside down after his wife Laura Forde was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

After the announcement was made, Ryan Reynolds reached out to the couple.

It was revealed that the Hollywood star and Wrexham owner made an incredible gesture by helping fund a second opinion from a top neurosurgeon in the country on Laura Forde's brain tumor condition.

Forde's wife Laura noticed a problem when her newborn baby came to earth in 2023. She felt her left arm was causing distress.

Laura shared the news on her Instagram page, saying that after the birth of her new baby, everything went off.

She proceeded with an MRI scan, which found out it was a mass, and the doctor told her initially that the brain tumor is not curable and Laura was expected to live for a short time.

After Reynold intervened, it was discovered that the brain tumor was at grade 1, which was less fatal than the previous verdict provided by the MRI scan.

Due to the location of the tumor, it is inoperable, but the couple saw the situation as the best scenario.

"The neurologist told us it was inoperable, and you have a timeline", Forde's wife, Laura, said.

"We said then we didn't want to know how long. Paddy was four weeks old, and I am being told basically that I may not see my son turn a year old."

"No word of a lie, I was planning my funeral as I was doing those night feeds. I was crying silently. It was a really low time. A living nightmare."

Who is Anthony Forde?
The Irish footballer was born on November 16, 1993, in the city of Ballingarry, Ireland. Forde is currently 30 years old, with a height of 5 feet and 11 inches.

He started his youth career at Ballingarry at the age of 5 in 1998 and left in 2006. Forde proceeded in his career and moved to Kingdom Boys.

After two years at the club, he moved to Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he made his Premier League debut against Chelsea on November 26, 2011.

He made just six appearances as the Wolves team suffered relegation.

During the 2013–14 season, the player made only five appearances until Wolverhampton Wanderers got promoted to the Premier League.

On August 12, 2014, the midfielder joined Walsall in League One. He scored the first goal for the club on September 27, 2014.

He joined Wrexham on July 28, 2022, on a two-year deal.