Xabi Alonso Breaks Silence on Bayern Munich And Liverpool Link

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Bayer Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso has reacted to reports linking him with a move to Bayern Munich or Liverpool.

In a quote shared by Fabrizio Romano, Xabi Alonso refused to admit he had been contacted by either of the two clubs for a deal.

“Bayern, Liverpool? I have nothing new to say”.

“Right now I'm Bayer Leverkusen coach and that's certain. Regarding the future, I have nothing new to say”.

“Call received from Bayern? That’s only hypothetical, again — I have nothing new to say”.

Xabi Alonso has been strongly linked with a move to Bayern Munich or Liverpool, with the two clubs set to part ways with their managers at the end of the season.

Bayern Munich recently chose to end Thomas Tuchel's contract at the end of the season after a recent dismal run on the domestic and European front.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp announced he will leave the club at the end of the season, ending his nine-year stint with the club.

Before Klopp's exit decision from Anfield, Liverpool are said to have moved for Xabi Alonso to replace him. Sources close to the club revealed contact were made with Alonso.

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich were also reportedly eyeing a move for Alonso in the wake of Thomas Tuchel's inconsistent run in the Bundesliga.

German football journalist Florian Plettenberg revealed the Bavarians are now making Alonso a top target with Tuchel set to leave at the end of the season.

As things stand, Liverpool will have to contend with Bayern Munich to sign Xabi Alonso. Alonso has contract with Bayer Leverkusen till 2026 but is reportedly open to a move to either of the two clubs with reports he wants to manage a top club he has played for after his stint with Bayer Leverkusen.

Alonso played for Liverpool from 2004 to 2009 and played for Bayern Munich from 2009 to 2013.