Young boys introduced me to an illegal substance, Singer Solid Star speaks on recovering from substance abuse

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Young boys introduced me to an illegal substance, Singer Solid Star speaks on recovering from substance abuse​

IMG_7177.jpeg

Singer Joshua Iniyezo aka Solid Star has finally spoken about recovering from substance abuse after he was rumored to have suffered from mental illness. The Nigerian singer said that peer pressure led him to abuse a substance known as Ice (crystal methamphetamine). Ice is a stimulant drug that disrupts the functioning of the brain and the body.

A group of friends introduced him to this in 2021 and he kept taking it until it affected his mental health. The singer said there was a day he trekked from Awoyaya to Oriental Hotel after he had finished overdosing on Ice because he wasn't in the right frame of mind.

While speaking with the hosts of The Honest Bunch Podcast, Solid Star said, "A lot of things happened to me. A couple of young boys introduced me to this substance called ice. This was three years back. The thing really affected me a lot. Sometimes this substance will tell me you are king, you are this, you are that, make I no dey pay for stuffs. Can you imagine say I waka from Awoyaya to Oriental Hotel.”

Solid Star is the mastermind behind songs like Wait, Omotena, Oluchi, Nwa Baby, etc.
==

Last edited: