Your first salary belongs to your father, not your pastors, Kanayo O. Kanayo educates Nigerians

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Kanayo-O.-Kanayo.jpg

Veteran actor Kanayo O. Kanayo makes headlines following a recent statement about Nigerian pastors.

In a recent interview on The Honest Bunch podcast, Kanayo O. Kanayo called out Christians who take their first salary to church for 'blessings'. He emphasized that religion has brainwashed most Nigerians that they can no longer make decisions without their pastor's input.

Kanayo O. Kanayo stressed that we are all anointed sons and daughters of God and we don't need pastors to tell us what to do. He explained that the first salary belongs to the child's father, not the pastor. This triggered reactions among netizens as they shared their thoughts on the matter. See some reactions below:

@Iamkayless said, "The day I will give any pastor or any the religious leader my salary as fruit or see let the earth open up and swallow me"
@oluwatosin_glor said, "First salary is for your parents. Pastor that doesn't even know how your parents suffer to train you. God will now answer your parent's prayers and you won't remember to give them your first salary. O wrong nau. Our parents deserve the best."
@Iamebuka_ said, "my father definitely deserves my first salary alot more than any silly pastor"
@prettyshewaa said, "My mother deserves my first fruit. If pastor wants first fruit make he go meet hin children"