“I didn’t know they rented the wig” Phyna reveals after rented wig drama

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
“I didn’t know they rented the wig” Phyna reveals after rented wig drama

Phyna-Photo-@tobyfotography.jpeg

Popular Big Brother Naija star, Phyna has revealed that she didn’t know that the wig that caused a lot of drama for her was a rented one. She revealed this on the latest episode of the ‘Curiosity made me ask’ podcast. She spoke about how she wasn’t aware that they rented the wig as she had only just returned to Nigeria and paid for a complete outfit. She was called out by a vendor over her refusal to return a wig that she had rented previously. The whole drama escalated and Phyna was then invited to the police station because of the rented wig she didn’t return.

Phyna became famous after she participated on the Big Brother Naija show in 2022. She was the winner of the BBNAIJA Level up season 7 show in 2022. Her real name is Ijeoma Josephina Otabor. She was recently involved in an online scandal over a rented wig. While the interview was going on, they disclosed that the people the show rented the chairs from wanted to collect their chairs and the interviewer used the opportunity to ask Phyna about the wig she rented. The interviewer had asked her if she found it hard to return the wigs she rented and she replied saying she didn’t know it was a rented wig.

In her words “well, as I’ve been saying it, I’ll still say it. I didn’t know they rented the wig. So, I just got back from London, and I was in Raddison Blue on the mainland and I didn’t come back home, I didn’t come back to the island and I had an event, things to plan for. I paid for a complete fit and the stylist came, did everything, and that was on a Sunday, it was for a tribe of Judah movie premier. Tuesday was ‘Ada Omo Daddy’ premier, and it was then the person started shouting online. First, I didn’t know it was a rented wig, then the wig was not even in my house because my PA had sent it to the lady, but the lady rejected the wig. We have evidence, the dispatch recorded the calls. She rejected the wig saying that the wig was supposed to be returned on that Sunday. I was like how is it possible. It was a Sunday, and we were there at the event till around 12am or 1am. So the wig was still with the dispatch rider and when I woke up in the morning, I saw dragging up and down. I was confused. The lady has forgotten about my own madness which is topnotch… I don’t even know the lady, I didn’t know the wig was rented, I just came online and because they told her the celebrity using it is Phyna, she decided to rant online”

see interview below