“I was going to convert to Islam at some point” Omah Lay reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
“I was going to convert to Islam at some point” Omah Lay reveals

Screenshot_20231027-153044_X.jpg

Popular Nigerian musician Omah Lay has revealed how at some point in his life, he had considered converting to Islam from Christianity. Omah Lay is a Nigerian music artist, and his real name is Stanley Omah Didia. He is 26 years old. He was born on 19th of May 1997. He became famous in 2020 after releasing his hit single titled ‘Bad Influence’. He stated that even though he had been born into Christianity, he thought about converting to Islam.

He disclosed this in a recent interview with Wunmi Bello who is a well-known media person. He revealed that after he became famous and started making money, he didn’t necessarily care about religion anymore. He says even though he doesn’t care about religion, he still believes that God exists.

Screenshot_20231027-153014_X.jpg

In his words “As soon as I made money, I just switched. I just believed in God and just became more human than religious. I don’t just enjoy religion anymore. I grew up in a Christian home, I spent a lot of time in church and at some point, I was going to convert to Islam. But now, I’m at the point where its just me and GOD. Not religion, because I don’t know anything about religion. That’s the problem…”

He also added “I just feel like I don’t know anything in as much as I know the Bible, Jesus and Allah. But at the end I don’t have evidence that there is a God who is moving me. I know that there must be something that’s somewhere that’s in charge of this whole thing and I believe it’s God.”

See interview clip below